Monday, November 29, 2010

Shredded Chicken


In an attempt to eat more greens and veggies, I have been trying to eat a spinach salad for lunch more often.  I was having trouble getting good protein for the salad...until now!  I buy a bunch of chicken breasts and cook them in the crock-pot with water.  Once the chicken is done, it shreds easily with a fork.  I divide it into bags to store in the freezer for soups and salads.  I just break off a small portion of chicken from the bag the night before to put on the salad.  The chicken is thawed by lunch the next day. 


This week I also added black beans to my salad.  I have been reading more about the many health benefits of beans and why it is important to incorporate them into your diet.  Check out this link for information on why beans are so good for you!  http://www.buzzle.com/articles/the-incredible-health-benefits-of-beans.html
Does anyone have any healthy time saving they tips use?  I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment