Sunday, March 27, 2011

Delivery #1

 First delivery was a success!  It has been less than a week and we have eaten most of the fruit and veggies.  The highlight by far was the Red Chard.  I never would have tried this on my own and was even dreading it a little, but we will definitely make it again! 

I made a variation of the recipe below.   Mostly I just skipped the pinto beans and lime juice (didn’t have any) and salt since the red chard tasted almost salty on its own.


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Swiss-Chard-with-Pinto-Beans-and-Goat-Cheese/Detail.aspx

On Saturday, I got nervous that I hadn’t used up any veggies so I cooked all of these with onions, chicken, whole wheat rice, a little wine and butter.  It made a ton and will be perfect for dinner when Dave is out of town this week.


1 comment:

  1. I am not sure why the pictures aren't showing up, but if you double click the white box it show the picture.

    ReplyDelete