Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hi Girls,

Well I am very excited about this blog! I am hoping this blog will help me become a more confident and creative cook. I'll be honest my wonderful husband does most of the cooking and I have always just been ok with that but I want to change that! I want to at least be able to contribute some of the time.

Well as Emily stated a few of us went in on a cow, so I am going to share the first two recipes that we used.

Pot Roast in a Croc Pot
-rump roast
-carrots
-celery
-red potatoes
-onion
-minced garlic
-1/2 can beef broth
-water

Basically we put the whole rump roast in the crock pot, cut the red potatoes in fourths, chopped the onion and celery (we left everything in decent size chunks) and added that in the crock pot. Last we added minced garlic to our liking (we love garlic) and added 1/2 can beef broth and 1/2 can water ( we used only a half can of broth to cut down on the sodium) and set it on high for a couple of hours.

We just ate it tonight and loved it!!

The other meal we made using the beef was fajitas, yum!

That's all for now. :)

1 comment:

  1. You beat me!!!! You must have slipped in there while I was typing mine up- your a fasty!
    So it was delicious? I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete