Sunday, August 29, 2010

Southwestern Quinoa Salad


Hi all, this is Emily.  Today was my first time cooking with Quinoa and Dave and I loved it!  I also love that it included a pepper, jalapeno and tomatoes from my garden.  I looked around online for a recipe that sounded good.  Dave loves line and cilantro so I decided to give this one a try.  It has lots of good veggies and the nutritional facts say it has a good amount of protein, fiber, vitamin C and a bunch of other good stuff.

I did end up skipping the adobo seasoning (not sure what it is and Trader Joe's didn't have it) and added a jalapeno for some kick. 

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/southwestern-quinoa-salad/Detail.aspx

Please share your favorite quinoa recipes if you have them!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I had a few bites and I agree- its delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cook with Quinoa all the time (I like to substitute it for rice, because it's a protein and a grain). I'll share some recipes on here soon with Quinoa! I will also try this one as it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete