Tuesday, October 12, 2010

If you like brussels sprouts...try this "Slimming Spaghetti" recipe

I also got this "Slimming Spaghetti" recipe from Oxygen.  I can’t remember the last time I ate brussels sprouts so I figured it was time to try them out.  They were good and I thought they went well in this dish. 
8oz whole wheat spaghetti
olive oil
2-4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lb brussel sprouts sliced
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c low fat parmesan cheese grated
1 tbs crushed red pepper
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 lb shrimp cooked

Cook pasta, reserve 1 cup of water
Heat oil in skillet, add sprouts and nutmeg cook until sprouts are brighter in color about 5 minutes
Add reserved water from noodles and all other ingredients except for pasta and cook 5 minutes on med heat
Add drained pasta, heat, then serve.


Nutrition – Calories: 400, Fat: 5g, Sodium: 350mg, Carbohydrates: 56g, Dietary Fiber: 12g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 38g, Iron: 6mg  

Also, this says it makes four servings, but this made a decent amount more than four servings.  I am still not sure how many yet, just that we have a big bowl in the frig for tomorrow andthe next day!

1 comment: