Monday, October 18, 2010

New Food Friday

Hi there everyone!  Its been awhile for me but I'm still here, I promise.  And I always read your posts.  In fact, I loosely used your stuffed pepper recipe, Jodi, just the other day.  It didn't turn out that well b/c I was using what I had in my pantry and I forgot the rice (wahhh!).  But at least I got the baking times correct (kind of- I rushed it and Jason's meat was too rare. wah wah) :)

Anyway, I have another blog that I write called Project Cottage- some of you are familiar:)  I started something on that blog called New Food Friday.  The idea is that I try a food I've never tried,  that's considered healthy, every week (although, I'm not afraid to add butter!).  I have been thinking, from now on, I think I'll post it on here and direct my readers here to check it out.  What do you think about that?  My first post was on Spaghetti Squash.  Go here to check it out.  I was thinking of trying canned Atlantic salmon next.  Sounds absolutely disgusting to me but I happen to have some in my pantry (that Jason bought to try, but its been sitting there for awhile now- I don't think he's going to do it!) 

Well, let me know what you think.  Anyone have any ideas for healthy food to feed my little one?  He's 11 months old and I'm struggling to find things he'll eat. 

Talk to ya later folks!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! And I love spag squash instead of noodles, but Dave would probably agree with you that it isn't the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a quickie:
    Salmon Pasta Salad
    8 oz spiral pasta, cooked and drained
    2 C cooked salmon( fresh, chunked or I 14oz can, bones and skin removed)
    1.5 C quartered cherry tomatoes
    1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
    1 small red onion, sliced
    1/2 C vegetable oil
    1/3 C lemon or lime juice
    1/5 tsp. dill weed
    1 garlic clove, minced
    3/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Toss pasta, salmon, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. For dressing, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over pasta, cover and chill. Serves 6-8

    You ate that bad boy straight from the can??? For breakfast???? Okay, Popeye, you've got my admiration ONCE AGAIN!
    Two things about this recipe: i have never tried it and it looks like a summer menu item to me. Maybe next year! =)

    This is cool, love checking out all this stuff, ladies!
    Melita

    ReplyDelete